Thread Storage Mistakes & How to Avoid Them | Between Friends

preview_player
Показать описание
Let's get that thread stash under control! Join Eileen Roche and embroidery expert Deborah Jones for a discussion on how to preserve (and use) your thread stash. Plus, you'll see more Small Town Charm Quilt Shops.

Here is a list of the products used during the video:
Рекомендации по теме
Комментарии
Автор

Just came upon your channel! Thank you Debra for that neat thread wrapping technique! I had never seen that before. I am going to my rack and wrapping all my threads today. The thread jungle will be gone!👍

TheCreativeChica
Автор

I use a huge mechanics tool chest to keep all my XP machine accessories, thread, patterns ect in. Each drawer on the outside has a magnetic plaque on it with items in the drawer. On the underside of the spools I write the color number with a sharpie. No spool overlay bottom issues, dust, sun shine, tangling problems with my thread.

I do leather work and it houses my hand tools, threads, knives scissors, stains, paints, sewing machine accessories ect.

It also houses all my quilling and HTN/self adhesive as well as my Scan N Cut mats items

Ultimate organizer on casters easy to move and clean. I can even roll it right out and into my trailer to take to events. Well worth the investment without all the fussiness.

TipsyTrixie
Автор

Absolutely brilliant way to stop threads unravelling. You have made my day. I have been trying to find a solution to this for many years. I tried putting a notch in the base like they used to do way back when we had wooden cotton reels. This only resulted in the spools breaking, or worse still the thread getting caught on it. Then I tried sticky tape, then I tried blue tack under the reel, then two way tape, then I tried wrapping thin strips of fabric around each one or putting each into a plastic bag, I also tried threading through the middle and tying a knot, nothing was successful. I thought that just maybe, some clever person out there would have a solution, and I was right. Thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

shirley
Автор

watching on replay. Thank you ladies!!!

annphilbeck
Автор

Love, love, love the tip on how to tie off the spool of thread! Learned that from Deborah a long time ago. Thank you, Eileen, for the designs and another great video! I work Saturdays, so have to watch after the fact.

GooglingMom
Автор

So delighted to see where I can buy the spool rack that fits my threads! The crowding of my threads drives me nuts! And I never thought of spray painting them to coordinate in my happy (sewing) room!

cckrull
Автор

Thank you for your great tips. Looking forward to organizing my threads.

katherinecronn
Автор

I made a system to store my thread spools( over 100) and keep them in order of the thread chart. They look so pretty and I always know what I need.

coreytibbs
Автор

How do you organize the bobbins of matching thread and keep from unraveling?

darlav
Автор

what if you have different size thread bottoms

peggybarberi
Автор

I love the houses 🏡 love to embroidery

normalazaro